Sunday, November 14, 2010

looking for the beauty

     As a mom you it is hard to see your child not being well. You wish you could take over the pain, do some of the tests, take some of the needles and share some of the stress. Makes you feel helpless and frustrated and wish that sometimes you could do a little more than just being supportive.

     That’s why I decided to get a tattoo with and for my daughter. To represent how proud I am of her and how I wish I could do more for her. I chose to take the logo of the Arthritis Society, u cute little birdy. It represents more than my girl’s condition; her name is the name of a bird (in Dutch) and we also had a little bird on her birth announcement. I got it done in my favorite color; turquoise.

     So, I had set up an appointment with a tattoo artist ( Trevor Whelen) and kept it a secret for my girl. The day came and after school I picked up my girl. On our way to the tattoo studio I told her what the plan was and she couldn’t believe it. She had never thought I would ever get a tattoo. We went for supper first and had a great time chatting away, we were both quite excited about what was to come!I gave my camera to my daughter so she could take pictures while I got my tattoo.  I have to say I was a little anxious but truly, it wasn’t bad at all! (Thank you Trevor, for doing such a great job!)

prepping for my tattoo!

Now  it’s sitting there, that cute little birdy on my shoulder. Forever showing how proud I am of my daughter and Now how I wish sometimes I can do more for her.( And just to be clear, I explained to my son that this was for him too because we all deal with this as a family, it’s just my daughter who has the condition). This beautiful little piece of art also reminds me of the fact that there is always something beautiful to be found in everything, as long as you keep your eyes and your mind open for it!

still healing up a little bit, but this is it!
  

No comments:

Post a Comment