Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Final Countdown!

     Wow, what a great Christmas we had with our little family!

     We were a little bummed that our first day of the holidays had to be spend in the hospital for another treatment, but we made a fun day out of it. My son was able to join us because of it so that made it kind of nice! My girl was kind of excited to show her brother the whole procedure and he was eager to find out what this whole iv thing was all about. The weather gods were kind to us and despite the fact that it is winter, our drive was very pleasant.  So, looking back on it, it wasn’t bad at all!

    
  Christmas was nice and we were all spoiled rotten. I have to say, whether it is due to the iv or due to the break, my girl has a LOT more energy! (Even to the point where I have to calm her down, she’s slightly hyper, like she’s on a constant sugar rush!) It’s nice to see and definitely a much better result than last month. Gives me hope again!

     Today I got a phone call from our rheumatologist. Just to check up on how my girl was doing. I realize that’s her job, but it felt really great to be able to “debrief” and discus some of our worries. We are totally blessed with all the care that our daughter receives. All I could wish for now is that she would actually start to feel better! I slowly see a difference, hope she’ll start noticing it soon too!

      Next step is to get her school work “back “on track. Not that it is really that bad, but I want to prevent it from becoming an issue. Right after the holidays I have an appointment with her teachers and we’ll see what
comes out of that! Then; next appointment on the 21st of January. Going to be a busy one; first an iv treatment, followed by a visit with her rheumatologist and ended off with an MRI of her knee. (sigh…have to get up at 5 am that day….ah well, at least we can get it all done in one day!)

      Probably my last post for 2010. Wish you all a fantastic 2011, may it be your best year ever!

     It has been quite the year for us, that's mainly why I started this blog. Thank you for reading and visiting. Don't be afraid to leave a comment, I appreciate your feedback!   


No comments:

Post a Comment